Sunday, January 5, 2014

16- Lyle Lovett At Red Rocks - Friend Of The Devil

We used two cameras and an empty Red Rocks Amphitheater for the background on the morning of June 20, 1991. Lyle Lovett recorded this song live for ABC's In Concert series honoring the Grateful Dead. I was setting up for a wide shot when Lyle asked me politely on the side if I could get his girlfriend into the picture. I thought this was very sweet and did the best I could to discreetly include her in the background. Within a few months of this video Lyle was dating Julia Roberts. I've wondered if these shots, with his young girlfriend in them, affected the situation. The shoot went well and he was a pleasure to work with. He provided tickets and an invitation backstage later when he was playing in Steamboat Springs. Ever the quiet gentleman. I love his music and this version of a Grateful Dead favorite.

Lyle Lovett - Friend Of The Devil
(click on link below)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNUEiOufg00

No comments:

Post a Comment